School Safety Information
Stockard Coffee Elementary School
Modesto, CA 95355
Laurie Hulin, PrincipalJamie Vermeulen, Assistant PrincipalDenise Meyer, Office Manager
Dear Stockard Coffee Families:
At Stockard Coffee, along with the Sylvan Union School District, we continually review our safety procedures and practices. Over the past year we have implemented increased requirements for volunteers, installed advanced check in systems in our offices, and trained all staff and student in the Standard Response Protocols with ongoing safety drills. Commencing the 2018-2019 school year, as a district we will be supervising access to our campuses before and after school. The goal is to keep our students safe. Students will have two access gates that will be monitored by staff. who will only allow students on to campus. Any adult who wishes to access our campus must enter through the school office to check in with their valid Identification Card/Driver’s License to secure a campus badge indicating they have permission to be on campus. Our new safety practice is not to discourage families from being active members of our school community, but a measure to increase campus safety. We hope you will join us in making this a successful practice.
Listed below you will find helpful information:
- Before school gates to campus will be opened by staff at 7:40 a.m. and closed at 8:07 a.m. Any student not inside the gate by 8:07 a.m. will need to enter through the school office.
- After school, gates will be opened by staff at the time of the dismissal bell.
- Information about the gate your child’s classroom teacher will dismiss from at the end of the day is posted at exit gates.
- At the end of the day, all students, with the exception of those enrolled in after school child care, will be escorted to the assigned dismissal gate by staff.
- The only gates open before and after school are located at the front of the school, by the main office. In the morning we will open the two gates closest to the Stockard Coffee sign in front of the office. These two gates face each other. At the end of the day, the two gates in front of the school that face Northview Ave. will be open for dismissal. Students will enter and leave only through these gates before and after school.
- Family members of students in after school childcare will check in, enter and exit through the office during the hours of 2:30-3:45. If picking up after our office hours, you will enter through the gate in front of the MPR door.
- Any family member or visitor must sign in through the office with their valid Identification Card/Driver’s License to be allowed on campus before, during, or after school beginning August 13.
- You may not leave your car unattended unless it is in a parking space. Should you need to get out of your car, please park in a parking space.
- Do not double park, stop in a red zone or block the driveways/crosswalks. This is very dangerous and against the law.
- With all students exiting campus at the same time and from two gates, it is likely that the front parking lot will be very congested. Please exercise patience and care.
Early Release Days:
The Sylvan Union School District will continue with early release days on Wednesdays for Afternoon Kindergarten through Fifth Grades. This will commence Wednesday, August 22nd. Early dismissal is at 1:35 p.m.
- Sylvan Union School District requires all school volunteers to complete a volunteer application process in order to be a school volunteer, classroom volunteer, and/or field trip chaperone.
- There are 3 levels of volunteers: Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Level 1: Permission to Observe, provided by administration
- Level 2: Classroom Volunteer requires current TB Test, valid Identification Card/Driver’s License, and completion of volunteer training conducted by school administration
- Level 3: Field Trip Volunteer requires fingerprinting, current TB Test, valid Identification Card/Driver’s License, completion of volunteer training conducted by school administration and successful completion of mandated reporter training. Fingerprinting does not need to be done annually if you have already completed it for the Sylvan Union School District.
- The process must be completed each year.
- An application may be obtained in the school office.
- Successful completion of the process is required in order to volunteer.
- All visitors/volunteers must sign- in in the office and obtain a visitor’s badge using our Keeping Track System
- All visitors/volunteers must sign-out using the Keeping Track System and return their visitor’s badge when leaving campus.